ページビューの合計

2013年10月23日水曜日

after reading the introduction of the book "Food for All: The Need for a New Agriculture"


John Madeley who is an author of this book has newly suggested how to deal with agriculture. With rapidly developing the technology, the farming system has been changed. For example, farmers have tended to produce on a large scale because they are particular about amount sold. On the other hand, they have neglected their duties to keep safety and quality of products because of using a large amount of agricultural chemicals. This is the one of the latest issues about agriculture. After I had read the introduction of the book, the issues about agriculture has been more serious than I thought, so I will think carefully about them while reading this book.

4 件のコメント:

  1. The book which you chose deals with very serious agriculture problem. Of course I knew that problem but I didn't think about that seriously... So I must appreciate your introduction of the book. I am looking forward to listening your book report.

    返信削除
  2. I feel your book seems to difficult, but probably you can get a lot of information about agriculture. I think your book has similar parts to my book I chose, so let's talk after reading book!

    返信削除
  3. I heard that the problem of agricultural chemicals is very serious and that problem should be solved for people's health. So I want to know ditails of the current situation of this problem.

    返信削除
  4. Unfortunately, if the TPP is accepted by Japan, there will be pressure to accept more low quality (but cheap) farm products from other countries, and for Japanese farms to become more "efficient," which means to became more large scale, use more pesticides and herbicides, and plant a more narrow variety of crops. It might even mean to grow more crops that aren't used for food, like tobacco.

    返信削除