ページビューの合計

2013年11月7日木曜日

After reading the chapter of the book I chose


“Monocropping dominates the Western-style.” The Western countries cultivated crops such as maize, millet, wheat. These products were cultivated a few thousand years ago. However, the intensive system of Western agriculture had often faced difficult problems. However, it could survive the first time because the government gave the farmers large amount of subsidy. Secondly, more serious problem had occurred. It is the problem of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy(BSE)that is “mad cow disease.” On the contrary, it brought the big change for the Western agriculture. The farmers decided to switch to organic agriculture. It was quickly spread all over the world. In any case, it would be hard that the intensive system of Western agriculture can survive in the future because it has many risks.

 

I did not know how long ago the agriculture was existed until I read this chapter of the book. I thought mono-agriculture is not good for the country because it will have so many risks to survive and will not be able to survive so long. So, whole countries should never adopt it.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I also didn't know how long ago the agricukture was existed. And I am very interested in BSE so I wanna read this chapter.

    返信削除
  2. A few years ago, BSE was very serious problem in Japan, so I knew about BSE a little. Agriculture is very very important for us to live, so farmers must have strong sense of responsibilities.

    返信削除