ページビューの合計

2013年12月19日木曜日

The amazing lecture about Second Food Harvest


It was really amazing lecture for me! Charles McJilton taught me a lot what I didn’t know until I listened to his lecture.

 

First, there are 19.5 million people who are suffering from poverty in Japan, however, most of them are not homeless or beggar. Those who receive food from 2HJ (Second Food Harvest) are like fatherless families, the elderly citizens, the poor foreigners and so on.

 

Unfortunately, the number of the people who need 2FJ’s help are increasing day by day.

 

His lecture made me think what to do to curb the situation.

One of the answers is to do my absolute best what I can soon. After listening to his lecture, I felt more that I want to participate in their activities as soon as possible.

2 件のコメント:

  1. This lecture was so amazing for me, too. He taught us a lot of things about food supply. After taking his lecture, I thought that how Japanese waste food. Then I became to look for what I can do for people poor country.

    返信削除
  2. I was also surprised by the number of people in Japan who live below the poverty line and who have "food insecurity." The definition was interesting to me: the inability to secure a sufficient amount of food in a safe and socially acceptable manner. So many people throw away food that's still edible that people could survive by scavenging in dumpsters and garbage cans, but, of course, that isn't safe (hygienic) or socially acceptable. My image was that the biggest target group of beneficiaries for services by 2HJ would be the homeless, but, like you, I was astonished to learn that it was more ordinary people whom we might pass on the street every day without recognizing their neediness.

    Fortunately, thanks to 2HJ and the well organized systems they set up, we can do something about this problem. To volunteer, or to join one of their "study groups" you can contact them at http://2hj.org/contact/ . I'm going to try to help out with their food distribution during the holidays since I'll be staying in Tokyo.

    返信削除